This procedure satisfies the requirements of Part 1 (OSHA Accepted Fit Test Protocols)
1. Proper instruction on donning (putting on) and doffing (taking off) the respirator.
2. Proper instruction on adjustment of the respirator.
3. Assessment of comfort which includes a review of the following points with the test subject and allows the test subject adequate time to determine the comfort of the respirator.a. Position of the mask on the nose
- Room for eye protection
- Room to talk
- Position of mask on face and cheeks
- Normal breathing
- Deep breathing
- Turning head side to side
- Moving head up and down
- Bending over
5. Qualitative Fit Test – Irritant Smoke
This qualitative fit test uses a person’s response to the irritating chemicals released in the “smoke” produced by a stannic chloride ventilation smoke tube to detect respirator leakage.
Duration: Approximately ½ hour.
This course is not a substitute for Respiratory Protection Training.
Prior Respiratory Protection Training is required.
Materials Required: Test subject must bring his/her respirator equipped with high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) or P100 series filter(s)